1. Why is OceanSolution® now marketed in a liquid form instead of in crystals as discussed by Dr. Murray in Sea Energy Agriculture?
- Dr. Murray started his "sea agriculture farm" using ocean water, not crystals. As time progressed, the Gulf of Mexico water from which he sourced his solution became too toxic for vegetable growing, and he discontinued it. He then researched and developed the use of crystals, but admitted that this product was not as good as the former liquid solution as he felt that the crystal version lacked certain elements that the liquid version retained. OceanGrown, Inc., has perfected a method of extracting all the vital Divine Balance from ocean water so that it is again possible to supply growers with the best Mineralizer.
To order Dr. Murray' s book, Sea Energy Agriculture, go to order page.
2. Should you add NPK to your OceanSolution®?
- In certain situations, yes. When you are dealing with hybrid plants, they are bred to demand excess NPK. However, open pollinated plants and seeds are aligned with nature, and generally do not require extra NPK.
3. Do you ship to Europe?
- Yes we do. Please advise us of your quantity and your city and country and we can get you an accurate shipping quote. Send us an email. email@example.com
4. How many gallons of OceanSolution should be put on one acre of grass?
- For grass crops, you may begin with 1 gallon and mix ratio of 100 parts water to 1 part OceanSolution ®.
5. How often should crops be fertilized with OceanSolution®?
- This depends on the type of soil and crop, and the stage the latter is in. First, if the soil is heavy (such as clay), we recommend fertilizing only two or three times a year. If the growing area is sandy loam, one could feed the plants daily or weekly. Hydroponically, we feed the roots OceanSolution® twice a day from seedling through full crop.
6. How do you get the salt out of the OceanSolution?
- Because our process is so precisely balanced and consistent it is not necessary. The sea salts in OceanSolution act in a synergistic and beneficial Divine Magical Solution; they are an integral part of the total nutrition required for optimum plant health. Our process has been engineered and tested so as not to overdose on salt.
7. How can seawater be used to grow any kind of plant life — won’t the salt in OceanSolution® hurt plants?
- Our process is naturally balanced so that it will not hurt plants — unless it is applied excessively. Although it is ocean water, it is not suitable for human consumption — when extracted properly from ocean water, it is suitable for plant consumption.
Dr. Maynard Murray stated that sodium in the organic form is “buffered” by surrounding elements in the plant to the extent that, as a practicing doctor of internal medicine, he allowed his heart patients to eat as much celery (known to be high in sodium) per day as they wished — realizing that just one stick a day is all that the body requires to function properly.
8. I am on a salt restricted diet; will that affect whether I can eat food that has been grown with OceanSolution®?
- Salt that has been processed (like common table salt) is inorganic, and generally harmful to your body. However, salt that is processed through plants is not toxic or harmful, because plants convert inorganic salt to organic salt. However, check with your doctor to obtain their opinion.
9. Does the type of soil make a difference in my use of OceanSolution®?
- Yes. Please refer to the answer for question #4.
10. How do you make OceanSolution®?
- We can say that it is done without heat or chemical processing. No chelates are used.
11. Can OceanSolution® be safely used for foliar feeding?
- Generally yes, however, delicate flowers like orchids should not be fed in this way.
12. What is the shelf life of OceanSolution®?
- We believe that un-opened it will be indefinite but we are doing long term stability testing to verify shelf life. We recommend storing the Solution in a cool, dry, covered area. Once opened it is suggested that the contents be used within 2-5 years.
13. How do I purchase OceanSolution, and how much does it cost?
- To order OceanSolution, Click here!
14. How do I know it works, and is a good value?
- See our Testimonials to read what people have to say about OceanSolution and the crops grown with it.
15. What are the names of all the identified elements and aerobic bacteria in OceanSolution?
- See our comprehensive chart that lists all of the elements in OceanSolution.
16. Please tell me why your product is better than other Sea Minerals Water companies?
- What makes our product different from others is that we go to great pains not to tamper with the element to element proportionality which we believe to be very special. Other products on the market use precipitative means to remove almost all the sodium chloride. Sodium is one of the most important elements in the periodic chart and is the one that controls the osmotic pressure across semi-permeable membranes, i.e. cell walls. It's the promoter if you will of moving copper up the stem of a tomato plant as an example.
If I became ill and were taken to the emergency room of a hospital one of the first things they would do is hook me up to an IV saline drip. They would do that for the same reasons as OceanGrown does, to take control of the transport of minerals across cell walls, and in their case, medicines. Don't ask them to give you a sodium reduced IV it wouldn't work.
Now, we applaud their effort to get more minerals into food, and don't want to take anything away from that, we just know this works better. OceanSolution also has 3 different types of aerobic bacteria, two of which fix nitrogen at the rate of 40lbs/acre/year.
17. Will the static electricity in the plastic containers your product is in cancel out the suspension of the particles in OceanSolution?
- OceanSolution is not a collection of colloidal salts. All the salts in OceanSolution are 'inorganic in an ionic solution' (more crystalloid in nature and able to pass thru semi-permeable membranes i.e. cell walls) whereas colloidal salts are in suspension. Different rules altogether and as such are not subject to the static charges mentioned. I would be surprised if a full tote could hold a static charge of any consequence. An empty one might if you could keep it away from any electrical 'ground'.
18. I have a stable and raise my own horse hay on our 90 acre farm. Would your product help my timothy hay crop? And more importantly, do you have any idea if this would have the same calming effect on our horses as it did in the pastured cows as stated in the testimonials?
- When animals don't get complete nutrition they will root around and generally have other behavioral issues especially when they are confined and can't naturally forage. After applying OceanSolution, you should see them calming down, and as you will see on the Testimonial page of our website, health improvements such as improved condition of coats and hooves.
19. What is the correct dilution for Ocean Solution when using hydroponically? How would you recommend this product be used for a small home hydoponic system? Do you sell it in small quantities to be used at home?
- In hydroponic gardening, because the plants are not able to obtain nutrients from the soil, the nutrient solution is the most important factor in the success or failure of a hydroponic system. Most fertilizers commonly available in garden centers do not contain all of the elements necessary for plant growth. OceanSolution is a liquid solution extracted from the deep ocean that provides the essential nutrients in perfect balance for healthy seed and plant growth.
The suggested dilution ratio is 1 part OceanSolution to 100 parts pure water for most farm and hydroponic operations. It is ideal to keep your solution between 1000 and 2000 ppm. Depending on the stage of plant development, some elements in the solution will be depleted more quickly than others. Because of this, it is important to change the solution each month. The old solution can be used to water other houseplants or outdoor plants. Also, make sure that the solution is kept at the original volume. As water evaporates from the solution, the Mineralizer becomes more concentrated and can burn plant roots. Add water only and not more Mineralizer to raise the solution back to its original volume. A TDS meter is the best way to monitor you solution. (Available Click here!)
OceanSolution is available in both 1 litre and gallon sizes for the home gardener. A 1 litre size is $30.00 plus shipping and the gallon size is $89.00 plus shipping. For your convenience you can order on our secure Click here! or call OceanGrown Canada and speak to a representative who will assist you in placing your order and answer any additional questions you may have.
20. What is the difference between your product and full spectrum salt that i dilute in water (like Himalayan or Celtic sea salt)?
- The ponds for drying Salts are open to both known and unknown environmental contamination, and the drying process itself, prior to any washing of the salt, naturally separates and leaches out various minerals and alters the basic mineral ratios. Rain washing or natural purification (which occurs even when there is no rain) also takes place. Various elements, mainly magnesium, absorb moisture from the air then dissolve, separate and flow out dissipating into the ground. Once again, this changes the ratio and constitution of the salt.
Microorganisms are both beneficial to soil and plant health. Plants are living in relationship with numerous microorganisms that fix nitrogen which assist roots in accumulating nitrogen and other essential minerals. Plants work synergistically with microorganisms providing food and energy for the bacteria which in turn fix nitrogen from the air increasing the availability to plants. Microorganisms have been found to also produce compounds (such as vitamins and plant hormones) that will improve plant health and contribute to higher crop yields, and other compounds that stimulate the natural defense mechanisms of the plant to improve its resistance against pathogens.
21. The first 15 miles of ocean water, especially in the Gulf of Mexico are often tainted with ciguatera toxin. How do you make sure that the toxin is not in OceanSolution and how deep do you go to obtain your seawater?
- It certainly is a concern today as coastal collection is no longer viable due to human pollution such as the dumping of toxic chemicals, agricultural run-off, fresh water skewing, disposal of sewage and anaerobic bacteria into the oceans.
OceanGrown, Inc. takes great efforts to extract elements from pristine ocean water far offshore and away from possible sources of contamination. Our lab test for 70 violate chemicals. The report comes back non-detectable to 0.5 parts per billion on all 70. It would be difficult today to find drinking water this pure.
22. Does diluted seawater help plants grow healthier?
- The soils of the entire world have become severely demineralized by erosion over thousands of years. Plants require a continuous intake of salts, just as we do, and for very similar reasons - calcium to build structural support, iron to carry oxygen, and so on. Plants growing on mineral-depleted soil do not get enough nourishment and so become smaller, less-abundant and less hardy, more vulnerable to the insects, worms and fungi that prey upon them.
Micronutrients (required by plants in trace amounts) can be described as the catalysts that activate enzymes. They play a specific role in plant growth, development and yield. Dr. Murray discovered that the relative ratios between each and every element remain the same regardless of the ocean from which a sample is sourced. It is these relative ratios that are so crucial to the proper balance in OceanSolution that facilitates the optimal nutrient uptake by plants. One excellent example is a tomato which is designed to ‘uptake’ 56 of the 90 elements. The typical commercially raised tomato rarely has more than 3; NPK…Though they may look beautiful they are mostly air and water. Those grown on organic farms may not have more than 20. Organic growers are solely focused on avoiding chemical inputs.
23. How was Sea Energy Agriculture discovered?
- This amazing technology evolved from Dr. Maynard Murray’s extensive agriculture research conducted over a 30-year period. Dr. Murray theorized that the most efficient method to remineralize our soils and the resultant foods to their optimum mineral composition is to get the perfect chemistry of the ocean back into the depleted soils. Dr. Murray’s extensive research was focused on the relationship between remineralized soils/plants and Human/Animal health.
24. Do you get more nutrition from the plants grown with seawater?
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Grains are now being raised on millions of acres of land that no longer contain enough of the certain needed minerals no mater how much of them we eat. Today there is more chronic and metabolic illness than ever before. This has a strong relationship with the sick soils depleted of essential nutrients. Over the years through agriculture practices we have mined out these minerals and tried to replace them with isolated minerals. The focus is on cosmetic and quantity and not quality.
Our physical well being is more directly dependent upon the minerals we take into our systems than calories, vitamins, or the precise proportions of starch, protein or carbohydrates we consume. Ninety-nine percent of the American people are deficient in these minerals. Any upset of the balance, any considerable lack of one or another element, however microscopic the body requirement may be, we sicken, suffer and shorten our lives.
OceanSolution, our environmentally friendly agriculture inputs, maximize the good taste and nutritional content of all edible vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains as well the yields of all plants and grasses through nature's own blend of 90+ elements from pristine ocean water which keeps these elements in perfect balance. The same balance found in human blood and chlorophyll of plants.
25. Are the salts beneficial to the body?
- While most people have a general understanding that the body requires salts to function, most focus on the need for macronutrients such as protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Fewer individuals understand the role of micronutrients such as vitamins, amino acids, polysaccharides, and minerals. Even less realize that 95% of all bodily functions rely on minerals. salts orchestrate the delicate biochemistry of our bodies. when we consume mineral-rich plants with healthy immune systems, free of chemical toxins, we then become mineral rich with healthy immune systems and decreased levels of toxicity.
26. Is it just the seawater extract that is helping the plants grow?
- Seawater plays a very important role in helping plants grow although it is much more than just seawater. Everything in the environment plays a role in the plants growth. So the answer to your questions, when you feed your plants OceanSolution, all things in nature benefit, you are creating an ideal environment for plants to grow and reach their full potential.
27. What kind of pests will the plant be able to withstand?
- Plants in poor health emit an electro-magnetic frequency that insects tune in to. This in effect calls them in for a feast. Plants in good health emit a different frequency that insects do not tune in to. Nature has been designed to use insects to get rid of poor quality plants that are unfit for human consumption. In the same way a poorly balanced soil will produce plants susceptible to disease. Properly balanced soil will produce plants resistant to disease.
28. What environments are best for the plant to grow with the seawater?
- Adjusting the application rates for different conditions you can benefit from using OceanSolution in all environments. The ideal environment is soil that is deep, loose, fertile, retain significant moisture, and is free of weeds and disease. In these conditions you would only need to apply OceanSolution 2 or 4 times per crop. Sandy or well-drained soils may be fed 3 or 6 times per crop and clay or dense, clogged soils that trap water and nutrients only 1 to3 times per crop.
29. I am planting a vegetable garden and was wondering how much I need to apply, we are just getting ready to dig up the soil and put in the water lines. Should I spray the soil now or wait until I plant?
- It is best to apply the OceanSolution mix (1 part per 100) as close to the roots as possible at planting time. Because OceanSolution is in an inorganic form it will not need to first be broken down by the microbes in the soil, OceanSolution is readily available for the plants to assimilate. Unlike organic nutrients that plants cannot utilize until they are broken down into an inorganic form.
30. I've been using OceanSolution to spray my wheat grass as it grows, but could it be used on the seeds before planting? What are your recommendations and why?
- During the soaking period of at least 8 hrs your seeds are absorbing enough water to double in size. By soaking your seeds in the OceanSolution mix (1 part OceanSolution to 100 parts pure water) your seed will absorb the goodness giving you Divine Intelligence seeds to begin growing your wheatgrass.
31. Do you have a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
32. Is it ok to make a solution in a spray bottle to keep in the refrigerator to spray daily? How long would the mixed solution keep in the refrigerator?
- It is not a good idea to keep your OceanSolution mix in the refrigerator, the water can be too cold. Water that's too cold can shock plant cells, shut down water uptake and even kill the plant. A temperature range 55-75 tends to serve our plants comfortably. I recommend you always water them with room temperature water. OceanSolution will last up to two years at room temperature regardless if it is straight OceanSolution or premixed with pure water. It is advised to keep out of direct sunlight or extreme heat.
33. Will there not be an accumulation of salt over time that will slowly become harmful to the soil? Or is there a process that prevents accumulation on a farm or a garden pot?
- Sodium is as important for plants as it is for humans because it regulates the osmotic pressure across the cell wall which is how the nutrient gets up the stem of the plant and into the fruit. When you are applying OceanSolution as directed, the application rate is such minimal amounts that all sodium will be used for the plants benefit.
34. Can you tell me what's the PPM of suspended particles in OceanGrown? Have you had any problems with OceanGrown clogging hydroponic systems?
- The TDS (total dissolved solids) readings for OceanSolution® vary depending on the water source. When mixed as directed, 1 part OceanSolution® to 100 parts Water, your reading will be around 890ppm plus the TDS ppm of the water being used. For example, if the TDS count of the water being used is 50ppm, the total TDS count after OceanSolution® is added will be around 940ppm.
In hydroponic gardening, because the plants are not able to obtain nutrients from the soil, the nutrient solution is the most important factor in the success or failure of a hydroponic system. Most plant nutrients commonly available in garden centers do not contain all of the salts necessary for plant growth. OceanSolution is a liquid solution extracted from the deep ocean that provides the essential Divine Goodness in perfect balance for healthy seed and plant growth. When looking to purchase a sprayer for hydroponics it would only make sense to purchase one that will enable you to use a solution of at least 1000-2000 parts per million without clogging up the unit.
We have used several automatic sprouters with OceanSolution as a nutrient and have never experienced any issues of clogging up the spraying systems. The owner of EasyGreen did extensive testing on their sprouting equipment. They found using OceanSolution to be very compatible and would cause no harm to their sprouter.
The TDS readings for OceanSolution vary depending on the Water source, when mixed as directed, 1 part OceanSolution to 100 parts Water, your reading will be 1000-2000 parts per million or lower. If you are not completely confident with using OceanSolution with your particular sprouter we would recommend keeping a spray bottle of OceanSoluton mix and spraying the leaves daily.
Couldn't find your question? email: firstname.lastname@example.org